[NTLK] Possibility of where to put audio out jack in 2x00

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 12:36:03 EST

     I was just poking around inside my MP2100 the other night (which is
kind of maddening since the Newt has a nasty habit of not turning on
reliably after all power has been removed for a while - I ended up
taking the cover off again and listening for transformer and capacitor
hums as I flicked the switch, managed to get it to turn on, then pu the
battery back in and the base back on.. All without wearing a discharge
bracelet. [courting fate here])

   Anyway, I noticed that there is a little sapce about 1 cm by 1/4 cm by
1/4 cm direcly between the place where the dongle killer goes and the
pen holder is, above the main circuit board (looking from the top).
There's a plastic section that sticks out from the pen holder with two
screws on it, plus what looks like a metalized pass for a grounding hole
on the main board. Anyway, I took the two screws out and snapped it
back together and the pen didn't wiggle or anything, so I wonder if that
piece of plastic could be cut off (leaving the pen holder mostly hanging
except for case pressure), leaving just enough room for a jack...

Jim