Re: [NTLK] Default Book font and size?

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 08:46:23 EST

Jon Glass wrote:
> Well, since Newton Books don't let you change the font size, but
> PaperBack does, I'm guessing you are using PaperBack books.

Oops -- you are correct.

> Unfortunately, you can't make these changes permanent. With Apple's
> software, you can change the fonts in the book when you make the
> book, and those changes will be permanent, but you can't change the
> font in a completed book on your Newton.
> Sorry.

Is the Paperback reader built into the Newton then? Or is it part of the book
package itself? What about the idea of a hack to change the default font for
all Paperback books then? If it is in the ROM, maybe some hack could change
the default? Or, if it is in each book package itself, maybe some binary
editing of the package? Or just out of luck? :)

Thanks!

 - John...