Re: [NTLK] Win2Go?

From: Patrick Jendraszak (indyibook_at_insightbb.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 23:28:44 EST

Win2Go was part of a MessagePad 130/Win2Go Promotion. The software was
from PICA Information Management, GmbH. I got my copy when I was given
an MP130 by my dear wife, some years ago.

The Apple note that came with the software stated:

"Win2Go is designed to offer a simple and effective method of
transferring and synchronizing data between the MessagePad and various
Microsoft Office applications running on a Windows '95 desktop... Win2Go
offers a graphical interface that is feature-rich, yet intuitive,
offering connection to Schedule+, Mail, Access, PowerPoint, and Word."

I used it to synchronize with Schedule+. I remember it as being a bit
slow ... but it seemed to get the job done. Regarding PowerPoint, it
said "For assistance during your presentations, you can transfer
PowerPoint outlines to your MessagePad's Notepad. Given the dynamic
nature of presentations, outlines are always at-hand, viewable, and
up-to-date. You can edit your outline and with the backlit screen on the
130, you can easily read notes under low light conditions."

I hope that this helps. I have the original version 1.0a CD. I don't
know if it's on UNNA or not.

Patrick Jendraszak

-----
Darrow's Comment on History:
History repeats itself. That's the one thing wrong with history.

A message from Patrick Jendraszak