[NTLK] Replace speaker?

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 13:37:00 EST

Hi gang.

I was DEEP inside my MP2100 last night trying to clean the touchscreen
contacts to eliminate my JAGGIES. It's too early to tell if I've cured the
problem or not yet -- I'll have to keep experimenting for a few days before
I'll be willing to declare victory. (Note to newbies: it took me about 3
hours! I hope now that I know what I'm doing the next attempt will be much
faster!)

However, while I was in there I realized how easy it is to detatch the
built-in speaker. A thought occurred to me: would it be possible to replace
this speaker with a better sounding one that will still fit in the alloted
space? Has anybody ever attempted such a feat? Does such a thing even exist
as a teeny-tiny speaker with better sound than the one Apple put in there?
Any electrical compatibility issues one would need to work out? The idea is
tempting... am I just dreaming?

-Jeremy