Re: [NTLK] connecting a newton, powered or no?

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 01:52:12 EST

on 24/03/02 16:47, Dan at dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com wrote:

> Hello all,
> I have been hearing many different views on this so I thought I would ask
> again and get the "latest" conclusions. Should the computer be powered down
> before connecting the newton for backup etc? I always have the newton in
> sleep mode, but does it really make a difference either way? I have heard
> both sides.

No, you don't have to power your computer down before attempting a
connection.

-Laurent.

BUAG // n.: [abbreviation, from alt.fan.warlord] Big Ugly ASCII Graphic. Pejorative term for ugly ASCII art, especially as found in sig blocks. For some reason, mutations of the head of Bart Simpson are particularly common in the least imaginative sig blocks. See warlording.