Re: [NTLK] Le Petit Prince in Newtonbook

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Sat Mar 23 2002 - 19:55:35 EST

Anton Balaban wrote:
> PS - Newton Press is the absolutely most buggy and unstable piece of
> software I ever used (I didn't do any complex work with it until I started
> to make "Le Petite Prince"). Wonder how Apple managed to _sell_ it several
> years ago...

You could always use Bookmaker and NTK and run out of heap instead if you'd
rather. :-)

Indeed -- I am NOT impressed with too many of the book-making options
available. If I want to automate anything at all, it looks like I'm stuck
with Bookmaker. In which case, with something with a large number of links,
it runs out of heap.

Granted, I'm working with a relatively large set of data -- but it's still
annoying as heck. To be honest, WinNTK is just a crap 16-bit app. Period.
To be fair, I don't know about how MacNTK would do. Under Basilisk, it dies a
horrible death and doesn't even get as far as WinNTK does... I haven't got
around to getting everything installed on one of my old Macs yet to do some
non-emulated testing.

 - John...