[NTLK] I'm a newbie, so Tar and Feather me!

From: Geoffrey Arend (shatten22_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 14:39:39 EST

Hey all,

third day with my Newt. First with my Wavelan.

I can dock wirelessly! It's fun for about five minutes. I want to surf
the web now, and email jut like the big kids do. Unfortunately, I have
no idea what I am doing.

I have a Base Station. And I have gone into Internet Setup on the
Newt. Well, what do I set it to? I have it on Appletalk. I can put in
the Local IP and the Gateway Router, but what's this with the DNS
address?? Airport handles that? Where's the DHCP? Then I tried
configuring a new setup with "Ethernet" and got an option for DHCP, but
when I tried to use Newtscape, nothing happened. I have searched and
searched, and searched again on Newtontalk, but nobody maps it out. Any
chance, for the sake of keeping a record for all those to come, somebody
does a little step-by-step walkthrough right now?

Pretty please?

Also, sometimes I get a "not enough memory" warning. Does that have to
do with heaps?
(i know, i know, back to the faq)

thanks
geoffrey.