Re: [NTLK] Somebody please help.

From: Geoffrey Arend (shatten22_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 13:01:05 EST

On Friday, March 22, 2002, at 12:12 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 17:46:59 +0100
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Somebody please help.
> From: oliver.brose_at_t-online.de (Oliver Brose)
>

>> I'm about to tear my hair out. I have access to a s900 and have been
>> downloading packages onto that. Had too much trouble connecting the
>> Newt to it, so I connected it to a Quadra 840AV I also have access to.
>> So basically, I dl on the S900, floppy it and send it to thw 840AV.
>> Here's the problem.
>
> What is a S900? Sun Workstation?
>
> Oliver :)
>
> PS: As Ben said before, you need something to correct the type/creator
> setting of those PKGs. There are several progs/scripts available and
> most
> are drag&drop simple.
>
> --
> Instructions: open packet, eat nuts.

No. MUCH cooler. An old SuperMac running OS8. The thing smokes,
baby. :P

And thanks for the info. I can't use it through OSX, but I reboot to
9.2 and the applescript works fine. I am just working on getting the
Internet setup on my Newt. Connecting via appletalk and a Wavelan.
Newtscape can't connect yet. I'l find it though. It may just take me
several hours...

uh. well, back to newtontalk...

ah, the life of a newbie.

geoffrey