Re: [NTLK] Jobs, Skully, Apple II, and Newton...

From: Sanford Barton (sanford.barton_at_mincom.com)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 10:57:43 EST

Here's my story...

In 1998 I took a job with a company as a software engineer. The company had
just gone through a huge downsizing, laying off 50% of the Executives and
staff. I set up shop in my office which had been clean out (mostly).
Someone inadvertently left in my desk a Newton 2100. I thought it was cool,
so I invested the effort to learn what the heck it was and how to use it.
After about 3 months I was hooked (I mean really hooked). A year or two
later, my touchscreen and LCD died and I innocently went shopping for
something to replace the Newt. The Newt had been axed of course so I ended
up buying a WindowsCE handheld. After about a month of trying to get
functionality on par with my old Newton, I gave up...sold it on USENET.
Then I tried:

        - A Jornada 630 handheld...lasted a couple of months...sold it on
USENET
        - A Jornada PocketPC....lasted a couple of months...sold it on
USENET
        - A Psion Revo....lasted a couple of months....sold it on Ebay
        - A Psion Series7.....lasted a couple of months...sold it on Ebay
        - A Fujitsu PenCentra 130....so close, but yet so far...still have
it in a drawer somewhere

Finally, I came to my senses and purchased a like new 2100 from MacEasy.
I'm happy again.

Bart

--
This transmission is for the intended addressee only and is confidential information.  If you have received this transmission in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  The contents of this e-mail are the opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of companies unless expressly stated otherwise.