Re: [NTLK] lucky kids and their computers

From: Thomas Hofts (thofts_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 18:23:02 EST

> oh, yeah? well, you young whippersnappers! when i was in 7th grade,
> the extent of my exposure to computers was that i'd seen computers using
> decks of punched cards...on our family's black and white tv.

Just to throw in something interesting..my first "computer" was a foot high
toy plastic robot. You put in a pre-punched data card that had a written
question, turned the crank on the front, and the robot would display the
answer on a light panel (crude LED's using flashlight bulbs). I think this
was in 61 or 62. Still in my Mom's closet. Probably worth big $$'s. I
think it was called Robbie ??

--
Thomas Hofts
Lawrence, KS  USA