Re: [NTLK] iPod font

From: Mietek (mietek_at_icpnet.pl)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 16:43:31 EST

>OMG. I looked at the screenshot on this site and - unless my eyes are
>deceiving me - the small font used in the Contacts looks like Espy Sans -
>the "System" font in NewtonOS. Why should anyone care? Well, because
>Espy Sans was supposed to die like the Newton. See:

    Almost.

<http://a772.g.akamai.net/7/772/51/a840342d122e9e/www.apple.com/ipod/
images/contactscreenshot03202002.gif>

    The bold text ("Telephone") is identical to Espy Sans Bold 10. The
plain text is very similar to Espy Sans 10, but it has a few differences
- the uppercase 'P', 'M', 'C' and the lowercase 'g' are different,
especially the 'g' is in a completely different style.

    On a side note, did anyone notice what happened to the Apple Human
Interface Group? How about some consistency in the iPod's interface? Why
another bold font has been used? And if Steve is going retro with the
iPod, the plain face equivalent of Chicago has always been Geneva.

    Heil Eris,