Re: [NTLK] Newton not working problem solved, now I need to get it professionally repaired

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 02:35:54 EST

> Well I finally just decided to open the damn thing up. I found out why my
> newton isn't working, seems that a capacitor burned out, so now I need to
> get the damn thing repaired, any suggestions?
What? If that is really true you must have applied an extra high voltage or
manipulated the Newton in some other non-appropriate way. I could try to
repair it but without any guarantee of success. Which capacitor is 'burned
out' (give the P/N, colour, dimensions, position etc. may be photograph) and
what exactly do you mean with burned out? I understand that its case is
cracked and the innards are black and hanging out, or in the case of an
electrolytic capacitor I would expect the slimy liquid beeing everywhere and
starting to etch tracks and contacts ;-) Did you observe all this?

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand

http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/ https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG