Re: [NTLK] OT: More cool Apple Newness

From: Stainless Steel Rat (ratinox_at_peorth.gweep.net)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 23:16:51 EST

* Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com> on Wed, 20 Mar 2002
| I find it strange that D-link advertises it as a
| "Wireless USB Bluetooth adapter for Macintosh"
| Looking at the specs, there is nothing specifically
| "Mac" about it!

Except the software.

Personally, I think Bluetooth has a niche as a replacement for short range
IR communications -- which is pretty much what it was designed to replace.
Using it for medium range, trying to compete with 802.11, is kinda dumb.
It really doesn't have the power/range for that.

--
Rat <ratinox_at_peorth.gweep.net>    \ Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \