Re: [NTLK] Docking in OSX?

From: Alexander Oberdörster (oberdoer_at_uni-duesseldorf.de)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 06:35:14 EST

> you are not complete imbecile. =:>) There is no way how to use serial
> port from Classic running under MacOS X. It is just not implemented.

That's not true. I regularly use MacNQC running in Classic to transfer
programs to my Lego Mindstroms Robots. Classic applications use the OS9
driver, though. In addition to this, I have to give the driver a decent
kick, so that it's completely initialized. I usually run Black Night (a
terminal emulator) and let it initialize the interface (get it online,
type a few letters).

If you're a bit familiar with MacNQC, you may be wondering why I don't
just run the OS X native version of MacNQC. The reason is: I have a
rather exotic USB-serial adapter from Taiwan that I got cheap. There are
no drivers for OS X for it yet.

Alexander