Re: [NTLK] Newton Emulator

From: Andy Pasulka (anp919_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 06:06:00 EST

>> I may be totally off my rocker or maybe I'm remembering an old
>> Palm emulator, but do I recall an old Newton emulator you could
>> install on your Mac or PC to use for development purposes?

There was also Poor Man's Newton which I got from an AMUG CD, I think. It
emulated (in a sense) a 110 or some other NOS1.x machine, as I recall. It
wasn't fully functional, as I don't recall being able to install packages.
But having a real Newton already, I didn't spend too much time with it.

A year or 2 back, someone was selling off a box of curiosities which
included a NuBus card that was a Newton development tool, but I don't
remember much more about it. I don't think it provided a virtual Newton
on-screen. I seem to remember a ribbon cable that snaked from the card out
the back of the Mac to something, perhaps a developer's Newton.

ANP

--
          "More and more of our imports come from overseas."
   G. W. Bush, Beaverton, OR, Sept. 25, 2000, as quoted in _Slate_.

anp919_at_earthlink.net