Re: [NTLK] serial connection at more than 57600 on Windows?

From: Hendrik Lipka (hendrik.lipka_at_gmx.de)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 12:27:41 EST

> registry, NCU quits immediately after startup. Apart from NCU, is there
> another Windows program that might work at 115200?

Yes, you can install cygwin on your Windows (www.cygwin.com), and then compile
unixnpi under cygwin (just type make). You just need to change the
used device in the program, because unixnpi tries to use /dev/newton as serial
device, which should be /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyS1... Works fine for me, but my
board at work doesn't seem to support 230400 :(

I have uploaded a compiled version to
http://www.hendriklipka.de/newton/unixnpi.exe. Just call it with
unixnpi -s 115200 -d /dev/ttyS0 packagename. It needs cygwin installed (or at
least cygwin1.dll, which can be downloaded from the same location).

hli

--
Møøse trained to mix concrete and                                 Hendrik Lipka
sign complicated insurance forms                           hendrik.lipka_at_gmx.de