Re: [NTLK] serial connection at more than 57600 on Windows?

From: Hendrik Lipka (hendrik.lipka_at_gmx.de)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 06:08:58 EST

Tuesday, March 19, 2002, 10:43:10 AM, you wrote:

> I think it is a Windows thing: Using the same cable, unixnpi in Linux has
> no problems connecting at 115200, but my (not extremely optimised, because
> rarely used) Windows 95 installation regularly times out even at 9600.

I'm currently testing unixnpi under WinNT, running at 115200. Works without
problems (I'm currently transferring the WordNewt dictionary...). You need
cygwin (www.cygwin.com) installed, then it's simply a matter of typing "make" on the commandline
:) The only change was that I need to modify the file unixnpi.c, line 57, from
        strcpy(newtDevInfo.devName, "/dev/newton");
        strcpy(newtDevInfo.devName, "/dev/ttyS0");
because it seems not to be possible to link the device to /dev/newton under
cygwin.

Hmm. Someone should write a GUI wrapper for unixnpi. No, don't look at me :)

hli

--
Møøse trained to mix concrete and                                 Hendrik Lipka
sign complicated insurance forms                           hendrik.lipka_at_gmx.de