Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]Newbie confusion

From: James Elliott (rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 18:31:46 EST

What you describe here sounds like a problem with the
filetype/creator codes of the packages. NCU doesn't know that these
are packages, and so cannot install them. To fix this, you need
either PackType, by Steve Weyer (available at UNNA) or Package
Converter (which works under OS X), by me. You can download Package
Converter from my site here:

http://www.geocities.com/rootbeeraddict/PackageConverterv1.sit

-James

>I did click on install package though without having the newton
>connected and allowed to search for packages on my HD. I had downloaded
>the 2.0 update for the 130 (from unna, and then from oldschool , but
>neither one was able to be seen by NCU. Is this only because there was
>no newton connected or is this a problem with packages I dl'd?

The James Elliott Newton Site:
http://www.geocities.com/rootbeeraddict/newton.html
All work and no play makes James a dull boy and prevents this week's update.