Re: [NTLK] T-shirts (colour, style, slogans etc.)

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 14:40:13 EST

on 3/17/02 1:10 PM, Stephen Jendraszak at stevehj_at_mac.com wrote:

> I understand what you are saying here Jon, but if people want polos, I
> say let them have polos.
    That's fine ... but as I said before this isn't about style. It's about
producing and selling a NewtonTalk T-shirt to raise some funds to support
the list. In effect, the T-shirt is a token for your donation. People don't
even have to wear them if they don't want to.

> Maybe the solution is to organize the polo
> sales off-list? Would you feel better about that?
    Do it on list. All I'm suggesting is waiting until after the T-shirt
sale is done. Give folks a chance to buy a T-shirt to support NewtonTalk,
then a month or so later go for the fashion statement (that should take us
into late spring so polos will be a fine idea).

    The people on the list are spread all over the planet so I think keeping
it simple and doing one thing at a time is the way to make everyone happy
and keep problems to a minimum.

Peter