[NTLK] NS: SetupIdle quirk found, NTK Inspector and Exceptions

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 18:33:15 EST

   I found the problem I was having with SetupIdle: I was using
':SetupIdle(base:viewIdleScript())' (in a function slot of the view
base), and letting the implied object-target handle where to send the
SetupIdle. It turns out that you need
'base:SetupIdle(base:viewIdleScript())' with the object-target specified
explicitly, or the idle handler is only called the first time. This may
be a bug, or it may a subtlety of NewtonScript inheritance I don't
understand.

   When I have the Inspector connected and set to break on throws, it
sends the exception to the inspector window, and then when it call
ExitBreakLoop() it pops up the exception slip on the Newton. Is there
any way to supress the exception slip on the Newton, since presumably I
already know about it (a way to write a global exception handler and
whatever the reference to that slip view is maybe)?

Jim