Re: [NTLK] PCMCIA cards

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 12:51:05 EST

On 15/03/02 12:23, "Paul Guyot" <pguyot_at_kallisys.net> wrote:

> Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 00:18:56 +1030
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] PCMCIA cards
>
>> Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>>>
>>> I have attached it to the message, so Grant should have it now. It's your
>>> responsibility Grant now that we never loose this extension!
>>
>> What about the rest of us? :0)
>>
>> Bung it on UNNA, or on another server?
>
> Here is a good example of a software that you write just for one
> person and gets propagated thru the web without even your consent ;)
>
> Laurent, don't worry, I happen to do backups on CDs, so unless
> someone sets the fire here, this package won't be lost.
>
> Folks, in general: if this package wasn't published, there is a
> reason. I don't care if you use & copy it, but:
> a/ it comes with no warranty of any kind
> b/ I discourage you to have it active when you don't need to grab a
> card's product ID
> c/ I guess I sent Laurent the source code. This source code is 100%
> mine and by no way in the public domain.
> d/ Please don't ask me any question about the source code, the
> package, the whether in Paris or anything else regarding this package.
>
> Now, if someone has the time to write what this package was meant to
> be the first step of, i.e. the Universal NE2K driver, I'll try to
> grasp some time to help.

I must be sleeping at times. Never imagined I could use the code in this app
(yes, Paul, I have the DDK) to help create the universal NE2K driver! I
guess that deserves a second look!!!

-Laurent.

buzzword-compliant: [also `buzzword-enabled'] Used (disparagingly) of
products that seem to have been specified to incorporate all of this month's
trendy technologies. Key buzzwords that often show up in buzzword-compliant
specifications as of 2001 include `XML', `Java', `peer-to-peer',
`distributed', and `open'.