Re: [NTLK] hypertext creation tool for newton?

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 03:43:16 EST

On Thursday 14 March 2002 20:28, Marco Mailand wrote:

> Plotting graphs is possible with NewtWorksCalc. Solving equations and
> typesetting not. There was a small extension which let you write a math
> equation and created a pixel map from that for inclusion in a Works doc.
> Bu= t
> it was not PostScript and one could see the poor resolution and I
> finally chose to use a desktop machine for that sort of work. The Newton
> is not intended to do desktop publishing nor handle complex algebraic
> solutions including their mathematically and aesthetically correct
> display.

Didn't someone port [a subset of] TeX to the Newton? Almost everyone who
'does' graphs regularly swears by it.

Mind you, most of them also swear _at_ it...

--
Karel Jansens
kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be

"We're here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and we're all out of gum." (Dr. Zulu of Team Diotoir on Robot Wars Extreme)