Re: [NTLK] Geek Safe

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 02:17:55 EST

on 14/03/02 20:52, Jim Johnston at jimthej_at_mac.com wrote:
> For Laurent and others:
> Playing with GeekSafe earlier today I found the export to notepad
> function. Really cool. How difficult would it be to add a function for
> importing from the notepad?

Much, much harder. A note in the Notepad being a free form text entry, we
would need a very smart parser in order to get the data in. I see where you
coming with that, but, unfortunately, I don't think I have enough time to do
that. Specially since the most requested feature is the ability to encrypt
the data on the store.

-Laurent.

C Programmer's Disease n.: The tendency of the undisciplined C programmer to set arbitrary but supposedly generous static limits on table sizes (defined, if you're lucky, by constants in header files) rather than taking the trouble to do proper dynamic storage allocation.