[NTLK] Woz on Newton

From: peter fraser (newtmanapple_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 17:48:44 EST

Hi -

I was able to dig up the conversation I had with Woz,
a few years back. Among other things, I asked him
about the Newt. His response is below, preceeded by
my original question. I doubt he'd mind me sharing
this with you, the devotees.

It was a wild evening. I'd asked a series of
questions in a long email earlier in the day, and late
that same evening I watched in amazement as he
answered each question in individual emails. I was
able to follow up on many of them so we had a
real-time exchange until around 2 or 3 in the morning.
 Finally, I asked if I could call or if he would call
me (I'm also in the bay area) to make the conversation
easier but he declined, saying something like he has
trouble with verbal exchanges sometimes - saying stuff
he later regrets or that causes misinterpretation.

It was a great experience, though. By the way, does
anyone has Thomas Edison' email address?