Re: [NTLK] Additional T-shirt suggestion

From: rminton_at_commscope.com
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 13:37:34 EST

>> My brother has that shirt. I agree that it would be an excellent
>> idea. If I remember correctly, it focused on things that other
>> platforms were touting as "new" that Macs had been doing before. We
>> could have some real fun at the expense of the Palm and WinCE
>> machines!
>
>Yes, but these things are a bit "over the top" for us non-geeks. I mean,
>nobody I know would ever "get it" no matter how much I tried. "Ink
>Different" on the other hand, is obvious as soon as you whip out the Newton,
>and write, "What is your name?" :-) Besides, I like simplicity. The Newton
>is simple and elegant. I know tees aren't elegant, but at least they can be
>simple. :-)

When I suggested this I meant it to be an addition printed on the back of the
shirts. The front would still have the "Ink Different" or whichever design on
the front. With the chronology on the back we could also make people aware that
the Newton is still alive and kicking in spite of general belief that it failed
because handwriting recognition never worked and that it is dead since Apple
discontinued it. I think that is one of the main reasons for the shirt in
addition to our display of pride in the Newt.

Randy