Re: [NTLK] Taking notes on Newton - TECHNIQUES?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 14:58:46 EST

I let the error stay and repair the error when there
is a break. But the recognition is so accurate that
even with the error, the word is recognizable. My main
problems is trying to get lower-case "l" (ell's). I've
solved most of the recognition errors by having
hundreds of expansions that auto correct the word.
I would also highly recomment alt.rec This one
application has increased my recognition probably as
much as upgrading to OS2.0 did!
I have a copy for download on my Newton download page.
See my link below.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://65.84.243.167 (my NPDS server)

--- Bradford Schmidt <brad_at_bradfordschmidt.com> wrote:

> >Note taking is all I do on my 2100. Lots of meeting
> notes, dreams,
> >creative
> >in sites, and to do lists. It works wonderfully.
> >
> >Larrie
> >

> I'm curious about this - what do you all do to
> prevent slowing down due to
> a handwriting recognition error? I get them now and
> then for various
> reasons - sometimes the newt just doesnt see the pen
> on the screen for a
> moment (that ever happen to anyone?), sometimes I
> brain fart and mis-write
> something....
>
> So, who takes notes in ink, and who goes right to
> hwr? And what settings
> do people use? I for one could use some tips.
>
> brad

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -