Re: [NTLK] hypertext creation tool for newton?

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 10:29:51 EST

> No, this is too awkward. To be useful, it has to be as natural and fast
> as taking notes. Mark a word, tap a button (or better: do a gesture) --
> bang, new note.
One strength of the Newton (NewtonScript) is that you can link nearly
everything together. The problem of linking words in notes or better
elsewhere (dates, works, Avi's BD, todos etc.) is IMHO that the word has to
be marked somehow so that one can distinguish a marked or linked word from a
normal word. The extension which would have to take care about all that has
also to guarantee that one has not only a visible feedback but all
possibilities of editing of the link. Including removing a link as well as
the automatic link-back entry or changing of a link to a unidirectional one.
The longer I'm thinking the better does this feature fit in. MoreInfo
provides a very small part of it but only with objects like complete notes,
dates or names entries. Not down to the word level.
A hyperlinked word could be inverse (on b/w systems) and grey background on
greyscale Newtons. A single tap would then follow the link and a longer tap
until squeek would open the link editor including the link info. What about
multiple links? I better stop now... ;-)

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand

http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/ https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG