Re: [NTLK] Browser choice....

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 17:11:00 EST

>Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 05:36:41 -0500
>From: Steve Weyer <weyer_at_kagi.com>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Browser choice....

>unfortunately, the current "Standard" login page now requires secure login
>via https: (I wonder how the "Secure" page is any more secure).
>no response from webmaster about this inconsistency
>(and I spent some time w/o success trying to find other 'Contact' email
>addresses on the yahoo site).

FYI, there is a "mobile" version of Yahoo! Mail that is intended to work
with PDAs. However, I have not been able to successfully get it to work
with Newt'scape.

Here's what happens:

1. Browse to http://mobile.yahoo.com/home

2. Tap "Mail".

3. Respond to the authentication prompts. (Yahoo! seems at this point to
have successfully authenticated.) A series of links to each of your
predefined Yahoo! Mail folders will be displayed.

4. Tap on "Inbox". You're returned to the main mobile page displayed after
step 1.

I notice that after step 3, when you get a list of your folders, if I "View
Document Source" I see each box has a tag "<a href="/raw?dp=mail&" and a
few other parameters, including the mailbox name. But when I tap on the
link in Newt'sCape, it uses only part of the URL up to "/raw?dp" and
everything else is truncated. Obviously Yahoo! Mail needs the parameters to
indicate which mailbox to access, and without them, it's dumping you back
to the menu page.

Any idea why Newt'sCape is truncating the URL after the "/raw?dp"?
Something about that equals sign causing problems?

-Jeremy