Re: [NTLK] PDA article in "Der Spiegel"

From: Jochen Schäfer (js.josch_at_gmx.de)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 05:37:34 EST

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 05:28:39 +0100, Jon Glass wrote:

>on 3/11/02 8:39 PM, James Witte at jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us wrote:
>
>> But didn't the article mention (or show) a 2100? The original HW was
>> bad (but might still have been better than anything else out there), but
>> the 210 improved on it greatly as well as having a faster processor.
>
>Of course, did the article say anything about how not one of the current
>offerings even _pretend_ do do genuine handwriting recognition? I mean, the
>Newton was HWR from the ground up. Everything out there today is just a
>shadow of the Newton's HWR, or, probably more accurately, on a different
>page than the Newton.
The article itself is totally non-technical. It focuses on lifestyle,
the change from
pure PDAs to cell phones with PDA functionality or vice versa. And it
seems to be
quite in foavor of Jeff Hawkins. But on the other hand that's Spiegel's
trade mark
of sorts: They like to emphasize the humans in stories.

Jochen