Re: [NTLK] New Wavelan Driver For Airport...

From: Scott Rogers (scottrogerspersonal_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 01:29:16 EST

On Tuesday, March 12, 2002, at 12:10 AM, Robert Hoehn wrote:

> You got it to work? What did you do? I am having trouble still....

well, I got it to "work." Not consistently. I was able to connect to
google's palm search site, macminute, and one other. I was able to get
online with NCQ. I was able to get it to see my iBook and NCU.

However...when I tried to import a newtonworks file, my iBook started
making a LOUD noise, locked up, and I was forced to do a hard reboot.
Other than the wireless connection, the only changes I'd made were that
I had unplugged my keyspan usb/serial adapter.

All I did was this:

1) Kept both Wavelan drivers on the 2100
2) Renamed my main airport network to "Newton" and switch it to channel
11
3) In the newton internet setup, create a profile called "wireless" with
a manual configuration. Entered in all the relevant data (DHCP doesn't
seem to work)
4) Tell the dock to connect via appletalk and to search for another
computer. It saw my iBook right off, connected, and everything looked
good. That's when the nasty sound happened.

I have been unable to repeat this (it even refuses to make connections
to my home network), but admittedly, earlier this evening I received a
disk error (in OS 9) on my iBook, and it's been acting a bit flaky
lately.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Scott