Re: [NTLK] backlight

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 05:42:06 EST

> Is their a way to adjust the brightness of the backlight??
If the amplitude (see: http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/Newton.html) of the BL
drive could be decreased the intensity would change but I don't know how the
lifetime changes. One could probably hack the hardware and include a
potentiometer at the right place and somehow play with the drive voltage. It
would probably be possible to increase the brightness of a week or worn BL
this way too, within physical limits of course :-)
We used to increase the brightness of our old TV in the past this way and
increased the heater voltage by adding a few more wire turns around the
transformer core. But this was about 20 years ago...

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand

http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/ https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG