Re: [NTLK] Help! Newbie on the loose!

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 16:58:10 EST

Go here:
http://www.catamount.com/HWRTips/HWRTips.html
for handwriting tips. It's a little old, but it is
still valid.

As for the marks on your screen when you write with
your stylus. This just means that you have a film of
either finger oils or smudges on the screen. I would
recommend cleaning the screen with a cloth
(read-cotton) and some lens cleaner and finishing off
with a light coat of Lemon Fresh Pledge furniture
polish. Optimally, if you have one of those new
Micro-Fiber cloths, that would be best. Make sure to
wipe off all the excell furniture polish when you are
done. You won't believe the screen after you do this!
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://65.84.243.167 (my NPDS server)

--- Donald & Heather Hindle
<donald.hindle_at_verizon.net> wrote:

> Hello, I just got my Newton MP 2000 (upgraded to a
> 2100) from ebay
> (bought from Variety Shop). It is in nice shape
> except for an
> unadvertised group of 3 scratches on the screen. I
> have never
> owned/touched a Newton before and I am trying to get
> started.
>
> 2 questions (I didn't see these in the FAQ, if they
> are just point me in
> the right direction)
>
> 1. I am trying handwriting practice and whenever I
> try to write an "l"
> or a "t" it often does not appear on the first try
> and when it does
> register, the first half of the word (before the
> offending letter)
> disappears. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Hades, I just figured out part of question 1, I was
> starting the
> vertical line above the little box just a hair, I'm
> being more careful
> to color within the lines now and it is working
> better. Was it deleting
> the first part of the word because of the pause
> while I waited for the
> letter to register the first time?
>
> 2. When I use the stylus on the newton it leaves
> what looks like little
> scratches (they go away when I rub them with my
> finger). Is my stylus
> worn out, or are these little impressions normal?

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -