[NTLK] Routing with the Newton?

From: Alexander Oberdörster (oberdoer_at_uni-duesseldorf.de)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 19:52:02 EST

Would it theoretically be possible to get a MessagePad to use two
Interfaces at once and route traffic between them? If I understood that
correctly, the NIE can only use one Interface at a time, so this would
involve hacking the NIE.

A similar feat is possible in classic MacOS (can also use only one
interface, but can use more with programs such as IPNetRouter). But I
guess there are hooks for that in OpenTransport and the documentation is
much better?

Another issue would be throughput. How much traffic could the StrongArm
handle? How good is Ethernet performance in general?

I know that I'm going off on a tangent here, but I thought I'd just ask,
just to get some insight on the Newton's capabilities :)

Alexander