[NTLK] Re - Screen Misalignment and request for fixes

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 18:27:49 EST

>> Marco, my friend has an MP120 with an awful case of jaggies (or screen
>> misalignment, whatever). Do you think that cleaning display contacts will
>> help on this machine? I disassembled it once and cleaned the case where
it
>> contacts the screen but that didn't helped.

> I've so far never striped down a MP1x0 to the pen digitizer contacts and
> thus I don't know what materials make the contact.

The contacts on the cable are carbon. Veeeeery thin carbon. Keep your hands
off the cable contacts. And do not bend the cable!
The contacts on the main logic board are gold-plated. It is usually a good
idea to
clean them thoroughly with a pencil erasor.
You won't need any spring-loading for good contact. The cable is pressed to
the mainboard contacts using two screws. Tightening these screws a bit more
makes the contact better, but make sure not to overdo it, otherwise you'll
kill
both the screws and the metal part below the main logic board they screw
into.
You find pictures of what I'm talking about on the MP130 disassembly page
of the site mentioned in the signature.

Frank

Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de