Re: [NTLK] Waba

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 14:45:09 EST

> Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 00:55:17 -0500
> From: Sean Luke <sean_at_cs.gmu.edu>
>
>> Also, is there a command line exegen/warp for Mac OS X? There only
>> seemed to be really questionable Classic versions...
>
> IMHO, developing Waba on MacOS X on the command line is easier
> than doing it on MacOS 9. Heck, I developed the VM on MacOS X! Of
> course
> Steve might disagree with me since he did all his Waba app ports on
> MacOS 9.
> :-)

no disagreement about MacOS 9 since the Java there is vintage 1.1.8 and it's
tough to fake command line stuff using JBindery.

although I was able to run Warp and Exegen (though not GUI really) on Mac OS
9 occasionally, I did basically all Waba app development/package generation
(and also the development of Warp and Exegen) on a Windows laptop using
Sun's stock JDK 1.2 or 1.3.

--
Steve
http://www.kagi.com/weyer/#Waba