Re: [NTLK] A (dumb) Waba question

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 13:24:08 EST

Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:06:01 -0800 (PST)
From: eric engle <engleerica_at_yahoo.com>

>This is a dumb question.

No, it's not.

>Is there any way to create Waba applets directly on
>the newton? I have java, and jCreate (a very nice demo
>editor) but am having exegen and warp issues. I can
>compile files alright, but converting the applet to a
>newton package is frustratingly difficult (no I have
>not yet figured it out).

I know your feeling. Exegen and Warp aren't very easy to use. But if
you specify your environment and double check that you got these
tools from Steve Weyer's website (i.e. it says Newton modifications
by Steve Weyer) and tell us what your problem is, we surely can help
you.

>Anyway if there is a way for waba to interpret java
>directly on the newt I would really like to know. I
>expect the answer is no, but I am such a newbie I want
>to believe otherwise.

Well, Waba is a virtual machine so it can of course interpret Java
bytecode, but I guess that it isn't what you meant. The answer is no,
you can't *compile* Java code on the Newton, you have to use a
desktop computer.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/