Re: [NTLK] [OT] Thanks (re: G4 and Virtual PC)

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 10:39:40 EST

On 06/03/02 10:08, "Marco Mailand" <Newton2k1_at_mac.com> wrote:

>> Thanks for the input, guys. I just wanted to make sure that the few
>> Windows programs I need I'll still be able to use when I switch over to
>> a real productivity tool.. :)
> Welcome back to the real club! I got even the PCI USB card working from
> both, Mac and VirtualPEECEE and can read-out my Spypen Actor camera.

Speaking of VirtualPC, can anybody tells me whether there is any support for
hardware acceleration, i.e. does it support any of the mainstream video card
on the market, and more specifically, the Radeon? SoftPC does, but support
only the Voodoo ones :-(

-Laurent.

fascist adj.: [common] Said of a computer system with excessive or annoying
security barriers, usage limits, or access policies. The implication is that
said policies are preventing hackers from getting interesting work done. The
variant `fascistic' seems to have been preferred at MIT, poss. by analogy
with `touristic' (see tourist or under the influence of German/Yiddish
`faschistisch').