Re: [NTLK] I am back

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 00:40:09 EST

And as a bonus, you can download and install Newton
packages directly into your Newt from a webpage. As
long as the MIME type is set correctly on the web
server, your Newt will download and install packages!
As far as newtork cards are, the only really
difference these days is the price. I found that the
D-link 660 does everything I need in a network card in
both normal and acellerated mode and only cost me $37
shipped!
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://65.84.243.167 (my NPDS server)

--- Patrick Jendraszak <indyibook_at_insightbb.com>
wrote:
> Welcome back, Kevin!
>
> Having been a former 100 and 130 user (without
> ethernet), I just wanted
> to add how surprised I was by how quick synching and
> installing (all but
> the largest) packages is via an ethernet connection
> from my iBook to my
> u2000. With the ethernet card, you might find that
> it isn't too bad. All
> you need is the card and a crossover cable.
>
> Patrick

> I always wanted to be a procrastinator.
> I just never got around to it.
>
> A Message from Patrick Jendraszak
>
> On Tuesday, March 5, 2002, at 02:19 PM, Laurent
> Daudelin wrote:
>

> > On 05/03/02 14:10, "Kevin Webb"
> <webb3201_at_airmail.net> wrote:
> >
> >> 1. can I place my memory card into my Powerbook
> and move packages
> >> onto the card, then run them? That would be a
> lot quicker than an
> >> install process and would save me fighting with
> making a synch.
> >> connection (I have a huge Newt software
> collection)
> >
> > Nope, sorry.
> >

> >> 2. can someone point me back to the faq on
> ethernet cards and
> >> networking.
> >
> > <http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/

=====