Re: [NTLK] Dentist software for Newton alas MP2100 head to head with Casiopea WinCE

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 00:02:29 EST

There are three things I do to impress people with my
newt.
One, is handwriting. Set it for guest mode and let the
other person write whatever they want and let them be
amazed. It gets them every time.
Two, play back what they wrote with MacinTalk . (you
can get the packages plus a canned phrase on my site:
http://newton.tek-ed.com.
Point your newton to the above url/vox.txt
Then cut and past into your notepad.
The third thing I do works better if you have the
viewer's information in your address book. In this
case, you dentist's information.
Open a blank slip, type "meet with dr. smith next
thursday" and then hit the assist button. Watch as
their jaw falls to the floor as the Newton interprets
the intention of the real-english query and actually
performs what you asked!
Any one of these is enough to win over any fence
sitter, and it really isn't fair to hit them with all
three...especially when you tell them that Newtons
aren't being made anymore...(I just love THAT
expression. So much sadness)
Ed
web/gadget guru.
http://65.84.243.167 (my NPDS server)

--- Radovan Biciste <rbiciste_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am going to see my dentist on Thursday again. =>)
> He has Casiopea WinCE handheld he was really
> interested to see my
> MP2100. As I live in UNIX/Mac world I do not have
> any idea what could
> possibly interest people from Windows world on my
> MP2100 the most. I
> have there Newtscape, SimpleMail, GeekSafe, Waba,
> Works with QuickFigure
> and PasswordGen. As you see no fun at all.
> Please any ideas to present my MP2100 against flashy
> color WinCE
> handheld? If there is some software for dentists or
> patient log software
> or even really cool game. =>)
> Thanks for any suggestions,
> Radek