Re: [NTLK] Screen Misalignment and request for fixes

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 03:04:04 EST

> > 5. <assuming all 1,4 are "no"> Does anyone know what the screen
> > alignment API the program is using? Perhaps I can hijack it and write a
> > program that's a little more sophisticated.
I wouldn't bother with software and straight open the thing. Just yesterday
I opened a MP2100 and had a closer look how it is done: A flexible PCB comes
from the screen which has 4 tracks. They are silver but they don't look like
tinned copper but more like aluminium. These 4 tracks are forming a sort of
ring track around the screen and have for shure something to do with the pen
recognition. The contact to the mainbord is made very simply by clamping the
flexible board onto the mainboard by means of 2 screws. Since this is no
springloaded contact the clamping force may vary and dirt can go in the gap
or the bare metal surfaces could oxidize if e.g. liquids or water or may be
only water vapor condenses there.

Although it is a pain, I would recommend to someone who suffers jaggies to
clean only this contact and do nothing else. If as result the jaggies
disappear we would finally have a secure treatment. Of course I would like
to do it for someone if he/she pays the S&H.

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand

http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/ https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG