Re: [NTLK] Device Dependant Code Question

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 01:37:55 EST

on 05/03/02 01:23, Mietek at mietek_at_icpnet.pl wrote:

>> Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 21:30:18 -0500
>> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Device Dependant Code Question
>> From: Laurent Daudelin <nemesys_at_cox.rr.com>

>> Unless the application uses native functions (compiled code), it is
>> certainly possible to make the application "forget" about checking the
>> Newton serial number, which I presume is the Newton internal number you're
>> referring to.

>> copy protection n.: A class of methods for preventing incompetent pirates
>> from stealing software and legitimate customers from using it. Considered
>> silly.
>
> I've never seen a more fitting signature. Was that a coincidence,
> Laurent? :)

Yep, pretty much a coincidence!!!

-Laurent.

benchmark n.: [techspeak] An inaccurate measure of computer performance. "In the computer industry, there are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and benchmarks." Well-known ones include Whetstone, Dhrystone, Rhealstone (see h), the Gabriel LISP benchmarks (see gabriel), the SPECmark suite, and LINPACK. See also machoflops, MIPS, smoke and mirrors.