Re: [NTLK] My Newton is online!

From: Grant [Reset Parameters] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 11:13:57 EST

In a previous message, Smith, Bradley typed vigorously:

>I have a fixed IP for it now.
>http://bradsnewton.dyndns.org

Congratulations! I noticed you are only running version 2.02 of NPDS. The
version of NPDS found on Matt Vaughn's site (which is where I assume you
got this copy) is outdated since fine folks like Paul Guyot, Victor
Rehorst, and Adam Tow started working on the code. You might want to
upgrade to the latest packages and modules, which can be found here:

http://npds.free.fr/

You'll want to set you're Tracker Client to point to one of the newer
Trackers listed on the above page, since Matt's original tracker is
offline quite a bit (and doesn't share information about Newtons that are
online like the newer trackers do).

There is also a mailing list specifically dedicated to the discussion of
NPDS. If you haven't joined yet, send an email to npds-request_at_ml.free.fr
with subscribe in the subject line.

Welcome to the club.

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/