Re: [NTLK] GEM 2100 impressions

From: Rolf Brakvatne (rbrak29_at_qwest.net)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 10:09:55 EST

Laurent,

My 2100 seems to work OK, even in the area of the crack?/scratch?,
except for one thing.
When I rotate the screen to landscape and use programs (ie. Pocket
Quicken) that have writing fields in the area of the crack and
horizontally from the area (3/4 in. wide), it has very erratic pen input
sometimes. The key word is 'sometimes'. This only occurs in the
landscape screen position. Pen inputs for buttons and pulldowns are fine
in the crack/scratch area. Is this normal in the 2100?

GEM has allowed me to return the 2100 for their inspection and possible
exchange after I e-mailed them a picture of the screen. I would cover
the shipping both ways. Worth returning it??

RB