[NTLK] Contrast problems

From: Steven Frank (stevenf_at_panic.com)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 18:51:02 EST

Hello again,

The 2100 I ordered from Mr2ndHand to hopefully replace my 2000 has just
arrived.

It is in PRISTINE physical condition, for a four year old gizmo.
Everything seems to work fine, with one exception.

If I adjust the contrast slider in the Extras drawer, the contrast goes
wacko. As you slide it up and down, the contrast seems to randomly
adjust from no image to all-black. When you release the slider, it sets
the contrast at whatever shade it was last at, but a few shades lighter.

You can re-center the contrast slider, but it still behaves randomly
when you adjust it.

The OTHER weird thing is trying to do a hard reset. When you do the
hard reset sequence, the screen contrast goes to almost all black. You
can still see the "Do you want to erase everything?" dialog, but you
can't click on either of the buttons. If you reset again, it reboots
normally, with normal contrast.

Other than that it's perfect.

Any suggestions? :)

Steven