Re: [NTLK] replacement lid for 2100

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 10:09:41 EST

Christian Matzerath wrote:

> On March 01 2002, doppler <doppler_at_mac.com> wrote:
> >
> >apple has still got them for a bargain, article #922-3306 IIRC...
> >
> Hi doppler,
>
> someone (laurent?) has mentioned some days ago, that apple is (was?) =
> selling 2100er screens for $180. Do you - or you Laurent, or anyone - know =
> whom I have to contact to get a 2100 screen from Apple?

They're not selling screen, they're offering a repair service for a $180
flat fee. That means that they will repair everything that is wrong with
your Newton, including the screen, for $180 USD plus shipping. Be warned
that there were reports recently that Apple was starting to be weary of
replacing everything and they apparently started to send back units that
they thought were too badly damaged (and even some that were not that
badly damaged). They even returned some upgraded 2000 unit without the
memory upgrade! Check the FAQ for details on where to call and what to
do. If the phone number in the FAQ is no longer good, still follow the
steps required to get a good service and make sure that you're not
wasting too much time on the phone playing phone tag with the Apple
reps...

-Laurent.

mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com             Washington, DC,
USA
"Heuristics are bug ridden by definition. If they didn't have bugs,
then they'd be algorithms."