Re: [NTLK] Newton Digitizer Trouble?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 06:07:10 EST

on 27-02-2002 3:54, Chris Chapman at pan1k_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> Do you guys recommend a hard reset? I think I am game for that right now.
> Never did a hard reset, but will back up as soon as I get home if y'all think
> it's neccessary. It's the worst i've ever seen . . .

Definitely, do two fresh backups to be sure that you won't loose any data
and check if everything goes through without an error.

Remove all memory cards before you do the hard reset.

And I don't wish you luck because that would sound too melodramatic, done
too many hard resets in my life so I lost count, never a problem afterwards,
just a moment where one shouldn't do stupid things, that's all.

(Like the time that I wanted to remove my really expensive Powerlogix Ultra
RapidCache during the wintertime with the heater blazing and stupid me I
took my polar fleece sweater off while doing it.
At least the motherboard survived ;-)

Robert Benschop