Re: [NTLK] NCU first timer

From: David Firth (djfirth_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jun 29 2002 - 20:33:19 EDT

Mixing responses, one person or another wrote:

> select the dock by clicking it with the stylus in the Newton
> extras drawer and then click the drop down menu in the center of the
> slip and select conect via "serial". Then click the button on the
> bottom of the slip that says, "connect."

Just the way I've done for years with NPI. Hmmm.

> I'm assuming you are, but are you sure you're using a real serial
> cable, not a modem one?

I have several cables. I haven't tried them all. The one I was using in my
initial attempts is a real Apple cable, part 590-0552-A. I will try the
other cables and a spare dongle.

--
David Firth
djfirth_at_earthlink.net (Newtontalk list only)

Apple iBook 500/640/10G/DSL Apple Newton 2100