[NTLK] M-I-C-K-E-Y [PART DEUX]

From: bcantley (bcantley_at_fullerton.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 29 2002 - 02:56:05 EDT

Ok, I had to go see for myself. I dragged the wife the long 10 minute
commute to Downtown Disney to see if it were true. I had to sneak up on
several employees because they seemed to be safeguarding them. The 2
units I saw were NOT Newtons. Easily understood why someone would
misinterpret- I did the first couple of times. They appear to be
identical in size and color to the Newts. They were being used in
Landscape orientation, but the differences:

1] the "left" bulbous area [the battery packs on our guys[ were much
larger than the "should-be-symmetrical" on on the right side [where our
speakers are]...

2] COLOR SCREEN! VERY bright, but not a hint of green.

3] A VERY non-mac interface/program. Not quite a Windows environment,
more of a Unix [not my area, please don't flame], had the same feel as
one of the Web Pad interfaces running Unix that I have seen.

We need info! The unit was perfect in size, but that color screen... OH
MY!

Just thought I'd pass the info along...