Re: [NTLK] NCU first timer

From: David Firth (djfirth_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 23:42:21 EDT

> I use the keyspan dual adapter and an iBook 600mhz dual USB and it
> works well. Do you have the control panel for the keyspan installed and
> set-up? I don't recall what one does but you have to go mess with the
> control panel before it lets you use the ports.

Yes. Control panel installed and port 1 is set to be the printer port of a
serial Mac. The Keyspan serial digital assistant can see the adapter. That
side of things looks fine.

When I start NCU or NBU and want to do anything, it tells me to initiate
communication from my Newton. This is where I get stuck. In your case, what
do you do (in detail) at this point?

Thanks.

--
David Firth
djfirth_at_earthlink.net (Newtontalk list only)

Apple iBook 500/640/10G/DSL Apple Newton 2100