[NTLK] Fully disassemble?

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 11:32:36 EDT

Can someone that has done this before tell me how to fully disassemble the
Newton down to actually disconnecting the touchscreen from the plastic base?
I've got the unit stripped down so that all that is left is the touchscreen
(on it's metal holder) which is then connected to the center plastic base.
The only screw I see is one in the center of the metal housing that is
attached to the touchscreen. Removing that screen doesn't seem to do
anything.

It appears that the metal housing and touchscreen are attached to the plastic
with small plastic tabs -- but they don't seem to move enough that I could
push them aside to detach it without breaking the tabs. Am I missing
something?

I assume it must be possible without breaking tabs since a few people have
replaced their backlights and such, correct? How do I get into that level?

Thanks!

 - John...